Pastor Roger Lenda Makani is a qualified medical doctor from University of Kinshasa(UNIKIN) and currently working for North west department of Health at Job shimankana hospital Tabane as Medical officer.
He received his calling in 1995 after receiving Jesus Christ has his personal Lord and Saviour in 1990. He went through training and was only consecrated pastor in 2003. He was since senior pastor of Eglise de Dieu pour l Evangelisation des Nations(EDEN)/ ”Church of God for nations evangelization” branch of Cite verte in DR Congo.
He arrived in South Africa in 2007 by divine guidance and was successively associated pastor at Ministry of Eternal Salvation (MIES) in Vanderbijlpark and Restoration Church in Heilbron. In 2015, he Started Burning Bush Bible Church (BBBC) in Rustenburg with a group of brothers and sisters by God’s instruction. Burning Bush Bible Church (BBBC) is actually the accomplishment of a vision he received many years back from the Lord (2006) which was just waiting for the Lord’s time for materialization. He is currently the senior pastor and over seer of this great vision since its foundation in 2015.
Statement of Faith
The sole basis of our beliefs is the Bible, God’s infallible written Word. We believe that it was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, 2 Tim 3: 16 and that it was written without error in the original manuscripts. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks, 2 Pet1: 20-21.
To reconcile people with God
To help people to have a living and healthy relationship with God through the Word and Prayer of fire.
We explicitly affirm our belief in basic Bible teachings, as follows:
1. We believe the Holy Bible as the inspired Word of God, without any error, the all-sufficient authority in matters of faith, doctrine, and Christian living, 2 Tim3:11.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing. revealed himself to the Human in 3 dispensations; the father to create, the Son to save, and the Holy Spirit to conduct or guide the church. Mark 12:29, Isaiah 40:28
3. We believe in the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ, and that He is true God and man. He lived a sinless life on earth and voluntarily atoned for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him alone. He rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of the Father and is now our High Priest and Advocate. Luke 1:26-35
4. We believe that The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply Jesus’ saving work to people. The Spirit convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth, and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power, and control are appropriated in the believer’s life by faith. John 14: 26; 16:8
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and therefore lost. Gen1:26-27; 3:1-24
Only through regeneration by the work of the Holy Spirit can man’s salvation and spiritual life be obtained. Jn 3:5-7
6. We believe that eternal salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from man’s works, and is possessed by any and all who have faith in and receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour. Eph 2: 8-9
7. We believe that baptism is by immersion and the Lord’s Supper is a memorial to His suffering and death on the cross. These are ordinances to be observed by the church in its present age.
They are, however, not to be regarded as means for man’s salvation.
8. We believe in the personal, bodily, imminent, and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ and that His Second Coming inspires believers for dynamic and zealous life and service for Him while waiting for His return. 1 Thes 4: 16
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in heaven, and the everlasting punishment and separation from God of the unsaved in hell. Rev 20:11-15
10. We believe that The Church is the body of Christ, both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers-given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love. We accept these large areas of doctrinal teaching on which, historically, there has been general agreement among all true Christians. We desire to allow for freedom of conviction on either doctrinal matter, provided that any interpretation is based upon the Bible alone, and that no such interpretation shall become an issue which hinders the ministry to which God has called us.1 Cor 12:12-23
11. We believe in the ministry of the angels. They are messengers of God to the service of Christians. Heb 1: 11
12. We believe that the devil and his partners the demons, have been defeated by our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross, their final destination will be hell. Col 2:15
13. Marriage: we believe in heterosexual marriage between a natural men and natural women. Gen 2: 24
14. We believe that without holiness no man can see the Lord, Heb 12:14